Buildings of the Emborough Stone Co. Ltd seen from a southbound train. Unknown date but may be winter 1965/6.
Originally the location of a brick and tile works and the Somerset Fullers Earth and Ochre Co. Ltd., the stone company later took over the quarry. The Ochre company is still shown on the 1902 OS map, but was simply Emborough Quarries by 1929.
Photo by David Milton. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2018_1_62.
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal use; please see photo enquiries page.