BR 4MT class 4-6-0 locomotive No. 75071 (built 1955) – with 82F (Bath Green Park) shedplate – hauls a three-coach Down local passenger service past Moorewood signal box in 1962.
The gate into Moorewood Down-side sidings can be seen – the first sidings here originally opened on the Up side in around 1900/01 to serve the Somerset Fullers Earth and Ochre Company Ltd. With a decline in traffic, the sidings had all closed by December 1964 and the signal box followed on 5 July 1965.
Photo by G A Richardson. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2022_14_330. Medium format 9 x 6 cm negative.
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal and commercial use; please see photo enquiries page.