Our base for many years has been at Washford station on the West Somerset Railway, with a shop and extensive S&D museum. The artefacts and vehicles are now in the process of being moved to new locations including Shillingstone station on the former S&D route, the Watercress Line in Hampshire and further items will go to the Avon Valley Railway which is just outside Bath and on the original route of the Pines Express.
We will update this information in due course to indicate which exhibits may be seen at these locations. Our Washford stock list is here: https://www.sdrt.org/stock-list/
Although the shop at Washford is not open, you can still purchase a wide range of books, DVDs, memorabilia, etc, from us via our well-established online shop: https://www.sdrt.org/sales.
The leaflet shown introduces the collection as housed at Washford, but this information will be updated in due course.
The larger of the Trust’s two locomotives is S&D 7F No. 53808, built in 1925, and seen here at Bishops Lydeard on the West Somerset Railway. The locomotive is currently based on the Watercress Line (Mid-Hants Railway).
‘Kilmersdon’, built in 1929 by Peckett’s of Bristol, was the last steam locomotive to work the Somerset coalfield.