Fowler 4F Class No. 44102 (built 1925) is seen climbing out of Blandford in very dull, gloomy weather with a Down goods service on the double track to the south of the town. It appears that a special smoke display has been provided for the benefit of the photographer.
44102 is shown as allocated to Templecombe at nationalisation in 1948 then allocated to Bath Green Park in late 1963 prior to withdrawal in September 1964.
Image height 800 pixels, available for immediate download in JPEG format. Please note that we do not currently supply prints. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal use; please see photo enquiries page.
Commercial enquiries welcome via info (at) sdrt.org.