BR Standard Class 4 No. 75002 (built 1951) and Great Western Collett 2251 Class No. 3216 (built 1947) stand side-by-side outside the 1950-built engine shed at Templecombe Lower Yard, both in steam.
One is on a shed road while the other is on the siding passing outside the shed and both are standing over inspection pits, as can be seen in WSHSD_2022_14_300.
Note the electric line warning symbol on 75002. A 13-ton wagon No. S38210 can also be seen. The spur line to Templecombe Upper rises in the background.
75002 is shown as allocated to Templecombe from September/October 1961 until May/June 1962 and 3216 is shown as allocated to Templecombe from autumn 1960 until withdrawal in late 1963. This indicates that the photo was taken in autumn ’61 or early summer ’62 as there are leaves on the trees.
Medium format 9 x 6 cm negative.