Looking north through an occupation bridge on the L&SWR Salisbury-Exeter line (still open today) to Bridge No. 152C (Bewsey Lane) on the original spur line which headed south-east from the S&D to the L&SWR line. The ‘new’ spur, heading south-west to enter Templecombe station, opened in 1870.
Note the buffer stop just visible to the left on Bewsey Lane bridge, this marking the end of the old spur line which was still in use as a siding at that time. Photo taken in August 1965.
Photo by David Milton. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2015_41_134. See also WSHSD_2015_41_135.
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal use; please see photo enquiries page.