Fowler 4F Class No. 44557 (built 1922) – formerly S&D No. 57 and LMS No. 4557 – is seen leaving Blandford with a Down goods service in 1960. Note the gasometer in the left background.
44102 is shown as allocated to Templecombe at nationalisation in 1948 then allocated to Bath Green Park in late 1963 prior to withdrawal in September 1964. Accordingly, the locomotive carries an 82G shedplate.
Photo by G A Richardson. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2022_14_354.
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal and commercial use; please see photo enquiries page.