Fowler S&D 7F No. 53808 (built 1925 as S&D No. 88) is at the head of the Exmouth-Cleethorpes through service of at least seven carriages just north of the Winsor Hill tunnels.
Note the disused signalbox in the background plus disused and fenced-off quarry sidings. To the left can be seen an illuminated 40mph speed limit sign.
53808 is shown as already allocated to Bath Green Park at the time of nationalisation in 1948 and remaining there until withdrawal in April 1964. Arriving at the Woodham Bros. Barry Island scrapyard in August of that year, the locomotive was rescued by the Trust in 1970 and returned to steam in 1987.
Medium format 9 x 6 cm negative.
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download in JPEG format. Please note that we do not currently supply prints. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal use; please see photo enquiries page.
Commercial enquiries welcome via info (at) sdrt.org.