Fowler 2P Class No. 40696 (built 1932) arrives at Shillingstone with an Up service. Meanwhile, BR Standard Class 4 No. 76058 (built 1953) is waiting with a 4-carriage passenger service in the Down platform. Another photographer looks on. This photo, one of Mr. Richardson’s earliest of the S&D, was taken in 1956.
76011 was allocated to Eastleigh for most of its life. 40696 is shown as already allocated to Bath Green Park upon nationalisation in 1948 and remaining there until withdrawal in May 1962.