Fowler 2P Class No. 40569 (built 1928) and Fowler 4F No. 44422 photographed on the 7.00 am Cleethorpes to Exmouth service near Chilcompton on 19 August 1961.
40569 was allocated to Templecombe from 1955 until withdrawn in November 1961. 44422 was allocated to Templecombe from November/December 1960 until November 1964.
Photo by G A Richardson. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2022_14_258. See also WSHSD_2022_14_428; the same combination of engines on the same service on a different date..
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal and commercial use; please see photo enquiries page.