Fowler 4F Class No. 44102 (built 1925) is seen crossing the River Stour to the south of Blandford station with the 6.35 am Evercreech Junction to Poole goods service in bright sunshine on a fine August morning in 1960. This was the last of four crossings of the River Stour for southbound trains. The next stop for the goods service would be Bailey Gate.
44102 is shown as allocated to Templecombe at nationalisation in 1948 then allocated to Bath Green Park in late 1963 prior to withdrawal in September 1964.
Photo by G A Richardson. Copyright S&DRT. Our ref. WSHSD_2022_14_479. See also WSHSD_2022_14_332 with the same engine, same location and a goods service… but in rain!
Image width 800 pixels, available for immediate download. For personal use only. Publishing by any means, including social media, is prohibited. Higher resolutions of this image are available for personal and commercial use; please see photo enquiries page.