BR 4MT class 4-6-0 locomotive No. 75073 (built 1955, with 82F shedplate) pulls into Binegar station with a Down (southbound) stopping service of five carriages on a wet day in 1961. What appears to be a staff member hurries along the platform in a plastic raincoat to meet the train – perhaps to give the traincrew a note that he has in his hand.
A Whitaker tablet apparatus can be seen just off the end of the Up platform.
75073 is shown as being allocated to Bath Green Park from 1957 until moved to Templecombe from November 1962 until withdrawn in December 1965/January 1966.