With 53808 now having spent 30 years in Trust service, the Autumn edition of our magazine has a distinctive 53808 bias!
There's a good read to be had, as follows:
- First up, Ted Goater contrasts 53808 and 53809 over the Mendips on the Nottingham – Bournemouth services in Summer 1962.
- Roger Hardingham (a name likely to be familiar if you buy railway DVDs!) describes 53808's journey from BR service, through rescue from Barry, to 30 years working on the West Somerset Railway.
- Selected extracts from a 1987 Trust magazine record the excitement generated by 53808's return to steam.
- David Grimwood notes that Charlton Marshall Halt was 'a devil to find' at night in the latest article in his S&D stations series.
- Feedback and Information Requests.
- Plus, comprehensive photographic coverage of recent events!
To join us, click on Sales above followed by Membership. New memberships last until the end of 2018.