Make sure you drop in to Washford during the West Somerset Railway's 40s weekend! Attractions include:
– Detachment of the Home Guard.
– 1940 Paris Jazz Singers (from 2-4 pm on both days).
– Model Radio-controlled Tanks.
– Women's Royal Voluntary Service Food tent.
– Armoured car.
– Road-mending crew and demonstration.
– A good place to see the military train go through.
Plus, our museum will be open with S&DJR Coach 4 available to view and there will be a wide range of S&D-related products to browse in our shop.
You might even see the King or Winston Churchill!
Sights & sounds at Washford during the 40s weekend on the West Somerset Railway from Somerset & Dorset Railway Trust on Vimeo.
Here's a quick look around last year's event!