The Trust is pleased to announce that two further vehicles have now arrived at the Watercress Line (Mid-Hants Railway). They are pictured at Alresford.
The L&SWR brake van No. 54885 was built around 1900/1902 and originally carried the number 12424. It moved from the Longmoor Military Railway to the East Somerset Railway in 1973, moving on to Washford in 1988. It was rebuilt by Trust volunteers in the late 1990s.
The L&SWR ventilated van was built in 1909 and although its original number is unknown, it was later numbered RNAD 304, and 51171 was used by the Southern Railway. The van had arrived at Washford in 1984 having previously been located at RNAD Bedenham.
[Photos by Roger Hardingham.]