To help support the Trust's conservation and restoration activities, why not join us? Membership is available from just £14 per year and comes with many benefits:
- Our magazine, Pines Express, four times a year. A wide variety of articles is complemented by photographs from the Trust's extensive archive.
- Access to pdf copies of every Bulletin/Pines Express ever published. That's 284 issues!
- Access to the Trust's photographic collection.
- The Trust's special train; running along the West Somerset Railway each summer with extra low fares and hauled by the Trust's restored S&D 7F, 53808.
- Free museum access and 10% off most purchases in the Trust's shop at Washford.
- Internet discussion group.
Plus, you will be able - and will be warmly welcomed in doing so - to take part in Trust activites, read on....
Volunteers are essential for the Trust to operate! There are all sorts of opportunities for taking part in preserving the memories and rolling stock of the Somerset & Dorset Railway. We cherish our volunteers and have established proper management procedures to encourage and support you.
We would love to open our shop and museum all week – can you spare some time to staff the shop or help with the museum? If you want to find out more, contact us at email@example.com
We have a small team working on wagon and carriage restoration and even engine overhaul, in our well-equipped workshops – all sorts of tasks to be done, for all levels of skills and all with proper supervision. Current projects include restoration of three original S&D Coaches dating from the 1880’s along with a range of historic wagons. Is this something that interests you?
If you are unable to visit Washford regularly, there are plenty of tasks that can be undertaken from your own home – contributing to the Trust’s magazine Pines Express, researching the history of the line, adding information about stations and other features of the line for the website. Is this something you could spare some time for?
If so, the Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust needs you. Please contact Nigel Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our photos show examples of the types of practical activity at Washford (courtesy of Gerry Leyman)